Hot on the tails of our Emme Bonilla’s Trend Watch Thrifting and Goodwill Essentials posts, A Good Look’s resident thrift expert has come up with the perfect amalgam: Optimal Play on a bright red pencil skirt!
When researching for on-trend red colored items, I came across this gorgeous and perfectly tailored red wool skirt from Ann Taylor. The shape, the built-in belt, and, of course, that color! As I appraised the item and noting the lining, the hook-and-eye closure and the impeccable construction, I realized that I’ll be getting some serious cost-per-wear mileage out of it so I plunked down the $12.99 and considered it an investment!
Here’s just a few of the ways I’ll be wearing this showstopper! (P.S. It involves a lot of leopard print.)
Look #1 – Color Played
- A simple tank in an contrasting color is chic
- Leopard brogues* are an unexpected twist
- Add a blazer and you’re ready for work!
*$9.99 AT GOODWILL. #omg
Look #2 – Animal Attraction
- A printed blousy shirt gets reined in by a wide belt
- Essential heels pull it all together
- Let your hair flow wild!
Look #3: Lady In Red
- A monochromatic look is wearable by mixing textures
- A sheer printed shirt and shiny patent leather wedges play nicely together
- Keep the hair and makeup sleek and simple, the outfit is enough!
Look #4: Good Girl Gone Bad
- Stripes and leopards are neutrals in my book and can definitely be paired together
- Indulge your inner rock star with a shiny motorcycle jacket
- Winged liner and hoop earrings are optional but strongly encouraged!
Have we inspired you to amp up your style? Or do you have a whole new thread of inspiration you want to share with us? Bring it! Comment here or tweet the love (@GoodwillNyNj) and don’t forget to like our Facebook Page and join the conversation!