By Suma Kaul, thefabjunkie.com
When you’re in love with all things denim, you always try to think of new DIYs to create. Currently trending in the world of denim is the Slit Knee. The difference between this and other shredded denim style is that there’s just a subtle rip that lies directly on the knee.
This look is perfect for anyone that wants to show some skin without over doing it. I created a DIY with a pair of old jeans I had in my closet. Check out my step-by-step Slit Knee Denim DIY!
· You want to start by figuring out where you will make your cut. As you can see in the first box I’m pointing to the knee. If your jeans aren’t worn in like mine, you can fold the pair in half. Where the bottom folds is where you will want to cut.
· Next I used a piece of magazine (it was a catalog so the material was tough) to prevent me from cutting straight through. I recommend using cardboard if you have any around.
· I used my sharp scissors to cut a tiny hold in the denim. I used the opening to help me shred the denim easier.
· I then slid the scissor straight across the fabric. Repeating that motion over and over again until the denim started to rip.
· After I had a good rip, I pulled the denim apart with my hands. Not too hard because you don’t want a huge hole.
Voila! Your old pair of denim has been revamped! Style tip: Wear a pair of printed tights or fishnet stockings for a peak-a-boo look.
When you #ShopGoodwill , not only will you look good, you’ll feel good, too! Head here to find GoodwillNYNJ store locations near you!