Spring has already sprung, but we bet you’re still working on cleaning out your closets making room for the sunnier summer days ahead. Are you currently in the midst of a major spring clean? Do you already use and love Uber? Then you are going to LOVE our latest partnership!
Goodwill NYNJ has teamed up with our friends at Uber, the on-demand transportation service and app, to making donating your gently used clothing items to your local Goodwill store even easier. If you live in any of the five boroughs — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx or Staten Island — you can take advantage of this convenient way to donate this Saturday, 5/21/16, at absolutely no cost to you.
How to Participate (and Get Your Goodwill NYNJ donations picked up for FREE on Saturday!):
● Open the Uber app on Saturday, 5/21, between 11am and 3pm and tap on ‘Promotions’ in the menu on the top left-hand side of the app
● Enter promo code SPRINGCLEAN to unlock the GIVE option in your app
● Select the GIVE option, then set your location and tap Request
● Within minutes, an UberSUV driver will arrive to haul your donations to Goodwill on your behalf!
● Please bag up all clothing donations in advance and keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring bagged items out to meet your driver when s/he arrives.
● Demand may be high while Uber works to pick up as many donations as possible. Please check back if vehicles are busy.
Donating is as easy as opening the Uber app to tap! And you’ll feel great knowing that you’re now one of the 865,000 people in the New York & Northern New Jersey area that supports Goodwill NYNJ will donations annually. It’s a win-win!