Mrs. T’s Closet: Get a look into Mrs. T’s Closet

Mrs. T’s Closet: Get a look into Ms. T’s Closet

Editor’s note: Please welcome Tina Morgan, a.k.a. “Mrs. T”. She will contribute for A Good Look the 1st and 3rd Monday’s of each month.

I was excited when my son David asked me if I would be willing to share my thrift shopping experiences.  I’ve always enjoyed creating the best look for less – probably hundreds of dollars less! After many years of shopping and spending too much money on clothes, shoes, jewelry and household décor, I finally realized the benefits of shopping at thrift stores.  Over time, I’ve learned to have fun finding hidden treasures: It’s exciting and rewarding!

There is rarely a week that goes by that I don’t receive comments like: “I love your look,” “your look is so unique,” or “Where did you buy that outfit?” Like many thrift store shoppers, I have come a long way. I am no longer concerned with the shame or stigma that is often associated with thrift shopping.

I’m excited to begin this month of many parties and celebrations sharing amazing ideas for your wardrobe.  Take a look into my closet!  Almost 90% has come from Thrifting and the remaining 10% are gifts.

Mrs.T's Closet

I’m constantly purging my closet and work hard to keep only what I need. (As time goes by, you might see even less clothing in it.) Purging feels so good because I donate the clothing I no longer want to my favorite nonprofit thrift store. Plus, I feel more organized and less stressed trying to decide what to wear. I can fit my “best look” outfits for each season in one closet!

So, before you begin your next thrift shopping trip, I recommend surveying your closet, purging and organizing it. Determine what pieces or outfits you really need and “create your look for less”.

112815_Ma1 (4).JPG

Join me in two weeks as I look forward to showing you how I’ve connected some of my clothing pieces for my fun times, business and my Sunday’s best or more formal attire especially for the upcoming holidays.

Happy Holidays from Mrs. T.

How often do you purge your closet each year? Please share your comments with us below.

Tina Morgan, “Mrs. T.”, an avid thrifter for over thirty years, shares her shopping experiences to create the best look for less. She is a wife, mother of three amazing sons, grandmother, and caregiver who is retired but not tired!”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s