GOODWILL, UBER & DELL PARTNER SATURDAY TO RECYCLE ELECTRONICS;
JOIN US SUNDAY FOR MEATPACKING DISTRICT STREET FAIR;
CHECK OUT OUR WEEKEND WINDOW SALES
NYC Tech Takeback – Saturday, November 14, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
On Saturday 11/14, in honor of America Recycles Day (November 15), Goodwill is teaming up with Uber and Dell to help New York City customers and donors get rid of and recycle that used technology you no longer use — and keep it out of landfills.
By simply tapping the RECONNECT option in the Uber app, you’ll be able to recycle your used electronics responsibly and donate to Goodwill NYNJ via the Dell Reconnect program.
Enter the code TECHTAKEBACK and request RECONNECT on November 14 to donate and recycle your used technology to Goodwill
Anyone who recycles with us on November 14 may also have the chance to meet Dell’s Social Good Advocate, Adrian Grenier, who will be riding with Uber making pickups, and thanking New Yorkers for recycling.
How It Works
- OPEN Uber app
- TAP the profile icon and select ‘Promotions’
- ENTER code TECHTAKEBACK to unlock the ‘RECONNECT’ view
- REQUEST ‘RECONNECT’ between 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Saturday for an Uber driver-partner (or Adrien Grenier!) to arrive, pick up your donations and bring them to a local Goodwill NYNJ location.
- NYC Tech Takeback Day is on Saturday, November 14. Donating will be available via the Uber app between 10a.m.-4 p.m. in Manhattan and areas of Brooklyn and Queens.
- Donating your technology is totally FREE..
- All vehicles on the road making pickups for NYC Tech Takeback Day will be energy-efficient hybrids.
- Click here for Goodwill NYNJ’s list of approved items that may be donated.
- Donations made as part of NYC Tech Takeback Day are tax deductible. All proceeds go directly to Goodwill, so your donations will not only keep used electronics out of landfills, but every donation helps someone in your community with disabilities or disadvantages receive work and life skills.
- Some items may require extra preparation before customers donate, as Dell and Goodwill are not responsible for data left on any donated equipment. Please remember to remove personal data from hard drives or other storage media before having them picked up by Uber.
Enjoy Boutique Specials at Meatpacking District Street Fair 11/15
Customers will get another chance to stop by and visit Goodwill’s table at a fall street fair set in Manhattan. We will offer boutique and other quality items for sale.
Sunday, November 15 – Meatpacking District Street Fair
10 a.m.-6 p.m.
9th Avenue from 14th-15th Street
Seven Stores Set Window Sales for This Weekend
Friday, November 13
- Bronx, 149th St – tickets 7:45 a.m.; starts 8 a.m.
- East 23rd Street – tickets 8:15 a.m.; starts 8:45 a.m.
Saturday, November 14
- East Harlem, 3rd Ave – tickets 8:30 a.m.; starts 9 a.m.
- Greenwich Village, 8th St – tickets 8:15 a.m.; starts 8:30 a.m.
- Stuyvesant, 2nd Ave – tickets 8:45 a.m.; starts 9 a.m.
- Washington Heights, 181st St – starts 8 a.m.
- West 14th Street – tickets 7:45 a.m.; starts 8 a.m.
For store locations, visit our website at http://www.goodwillnynj.org/shop/goodwill-store-locations/all.
Window Sale General Rules:
- Tickets are distributed to customers in line, first come-first serve
- Customers may enter the store in numerical order once the doors open to the public
- Customers may purchase a limited number of window items, check each store for specific details
- After selecting their window items, customers may shop for other items in the store, go back in line to purchase other window items or exit the store until it opens to the public
- Check for specific store rules
- For store locations, visit our website at here.
Your purchases support the mission of Goodwill.
To learn how we serve the community, please read our industry blogWhere The Goodwill Goes