NYC Sanitation offers one-time curbside textile collection
Responsibly recycle your unwanted clothing and textiles through this one-time Pilot Program
Monday, September 28 through Saturday, October 31, 2015 in designated districts only.
- Week beginning 10/5: The Bronx – Community Board 8
(Includes Riverdale, Fieldston)
- Week beginning 10/19: Queens – Community Board 11
(Includes Bayside, Auburndale, Oakland Gardens, Douglaston, Little Neck)
- Week beginning 10/26: Brooklyn – Community Board 11
(Includes Bath Beach, Bensonhurst, Gravesend, Mapleton)
Goodwill NYNJ will re-purpose or recycle.
Learn how to participate and what items are accepted at on.nyc.gov/textile-collection-pilot
OCTOBER OPENS WITH 2 WINDOW SALES THIS WEEK
We invite you to join Goodwill at one of the two window sales planned at our stores Thursday and Saturday.
For other store locations, visit our website
Thursday, October 1
- Jersey City – tickets 7:45 a.m.; starts 8 a.m.
Saturday, October 3
- Stuyvesant, 2nd Ave – tickets 8:45 a.m.; starts 9 a.m.
Window Sale General Rules:
- Tickets are distributed to customers in line, first come-first serve
- Customers may enter the store in numerical order once the doors open to the public
- Customers may purchase a limited number of window items, check each store for specific details
- After selecting their window items, customers may shop for other items in the store, go back in line to purchase other window items or exit the store until it opens to the public
- Check for specific store rules
- For store locations, visit our website at here.
Your purchases support the mission of Goodwill.
To learn how we serve the community, please read our industry blog Where The Goodwill Goes