We are excited to announce Uber and Goodwill have teamed up to make your spring cleaning as painless as possible. Tomorrow, Saturday May 3 you can request an Uber SUV to come and pick up your gently used clothing between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The Uber driver will drop off your donation to a local Goodwill at no cost to you.
Here is how it works:
1. Download the Uber app (Android here, iPhone here, Blackberry here)
2. Between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. request the Spring option on the bottom of the screen.
3. Once your driver is confirmed, you will see an ETA for their arrival and have your donations bagged up and ready.
4. Once your driver has arrived, you will receive a text message confirmation and bring your bags to the car.
5. You’ve just successfully participated in #UberSpringCleaning!
Please Note: Pickups will only be available in Manhattan.
Since 2012, Goodwill has been able to divert more than six billion bounds of goods from landfills nationally thanks to donors like you. Locally, Goodwill NY-NJ helped residents keep more than 87 million pounds of unwanted goods from local landfills last year. Not only are you making an impact in your closet, you are making an impact on the planet. To thank you for your participation, use promo code GoodwillNYNJ to receive $25 off your first Uber trip.
Latest Where The Goodwill Goes Post:
GOODWILL INDUSTRIES WEEK 2014