Sorting Through Your Closet
- If you haven’t worn the item in over a year it’s time to toss it.
- If the item was available in stores today would you want to spend money on it? If yes, keep it. If no, donate it.
- To determine if something is a personal treasure, ask yourself: Is this the best reminder of that particular time in my life or person I knew? If not, then toss it.
Organizing Your Closet
- Group similar items together in your closet to make sure you find them and avoid missing out on wearing them.
- Purchase space saving items like Huggable hangers and hanging shoe racks.
- You’ll fit more shoes on your shelves if you store pairs with the right and left shoe facing opposite directions…one facing toe front and the other facing heel front.
Recycling What’s in Your Closet
- Host a clothing swap party with friends!
- Donate your unwanted clothing and accessories to a charity, like your local Goodwill.
- Have a yard sale.
- Phone apps like Poshmark and Threadflip allow you to easily sell your items for cash right from your phone.
How do you keep your closet organized?
Happy New Year!
Nicole Colon is a lifestyle blogger and designer from Long Island, NY, who is reinventing what it means to be “bad” by empowering women to discover their inner B.A.D. Girl and be Beautiful, Authentic and Determined. She provides her readers with tips, advice and fashion that aim to inspire them to get what they want out of life. Check out Nicole’s blog at www.stylemebad.com
Latest Where The Goodwill Goes Post:
Thanks for Supporting Goodwill’s Typhoon Haiyan Relief