Happy Holiday Weekend! Whether you’re celebrating this afternoon, tomorrow or well into the weekend, we’ve got a full fireworks of fashion fun for you in the days ahead. Take a look at this week’s GoodwillNyNj Window Sales along with our special Independence Day Savings!:
THURSDAY, JULY 4th:
- All Goodwill Stores (excepting the Van Dam Outlet): Goodwill celebrates America with an Independence Day sale. Come on by Thursday, July 4, and enjoy 35%-off storewide.
FRIDAY, JUNE 5th:
- The Chelsea Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line at 8:45 a.m., and the doors open at 9. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. Once their transaction is complete, window sale shoppers must leave the store until it opens to everyone at 10. You’ll find the Goodwill Chelsea Store at 103 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10001 (646-638-1725).
- The Astoria Steinway Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:15 a.m. to customers in line, first come-first serve. Doors open at 9 a.m. to all customers, who are taken in numerical order. Purchases are limited to two window items per customer. Once their window transaction is complete, customers are free to shop the store. Offered every Friday. You’ll find the Goodwill Steinway Store at 32-36 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY 11103 (718-932-0418).
SATURDAY, JULY 6th:
- The Massapequa Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line by 8:45 a.m., and the doors open at 9. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. To keep the sale moving, customers are asked to make their selections quickly without examining each individual window item. Once they have made their choice, they are free to shop the rest of the store. At 9:30, the store opens to the general public. You’ll find the Massapequa Goodwill at 814 Hicksville Road, Massapequa, NY 11758 (516-795-0237).
- The Bellmore Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:45 a.m., first come first serve. Doors open at 9 a.m. Two customers are admitted at a time, who may select two items each. Store opens to the general public at 9:30. You’ll find the Bellmore Goodwill at 2736 Merrick Road, Bellmore, NY 11710 (516-409-5951).
And don’t forget!:
Goodwill Store Hours for the week of Independence Day
- Monday, July 1st – Wednesday, July 3rd: Usual Store Hours
- Thursday, July 4th:
- All Stores (Except the Van Dam Outlet): Open 10am to 7pm
- The Van Dam Outlet: Open 11am to 6pm
- Friday, July 5th – Sunday, July 7th: Usual Store Hours
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/shop/goodwill-store-locations/all. Hope to see you soon, Goodwill fans!
P.S. In case you’re not in the know yet, a Goodwill Window Sale is when the best items in the store (which have been displayed in the window for days if not weeks) go on sale. There are often designer items and high-priced toys in the mix. We’ve seen everything from red lacquered Chinese lions to a Ferragamo heels to pristine electric guitars. Crowds form early, so try to get to the store well before doors open.