Welcome to the nearly-weekend! (Can you tell we’re excited for sunshine and thrift finds?) Better get your schedule’s out – it’s the GoodwillNyNj Weekend Window Sale Line-Up ready and waiting to turn your Friday, Saturday and Cinco de Mayo Sunday into three great days of deals!
And don’t forget next week is Goodwill Industries Week! We’ll have a sale a day starting Monday just for that celebration, so get excited – there’s nothing but good things and Goodwill ahead!
Friday, May 3th:
- The Chelsea Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line at 8:45 a.m., and the doors open at 9. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. Once their transaction is complete, window sale shoppers must leave the store until it opens to everyone at 10. You’ll find the Goodwill Chelsea Store at 103 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10001 (646-638-1725).
- The 79th Street Goodwill Window Sale: The weekly sale begins at 10 a.m. and is first come, first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrived. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, customers may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the Goodwill 79th Street Store at 217 West 79th Street, New York, NY 10024 (212-874-5050).
- The Brooklyn Livingston Street Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:30 AM, first come-first serve. Doors open at 9 a.m. Two items per customer; rejoin line for another chance. You’ll find the Goodwill Livingston Store at 258 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (718-923-9037).
- The Astoria Steinway Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets at the weekly sale are distributed at 9:15 a.m. to customers in line, first come-first serve. Doors open at 10 a.m. to all customers, who are taken in numerical order. Purchases are limited to two window items per customer. Once their window transaction is complete, customers are free to shop the store. You’ll find the Goodwill Steinway Store at 32-36 Steinway Street, Astoria, NY 11103 (718-932-0418).
Saturday, May 4th:
- The West Harlem Fifth Avenue Goodwill Window Sale: The weekly sale starts at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a number in the order they arrive. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchases are made, they may rejoin the line to make additional selections. You’ll find the Goodwill West Harlem Store at 2196 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10037 (212-862-0020).
- The East Harlem Third Avenue Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:15 a.m. to customers in line, first come-first serve. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. The store admits three customers at a time, who may purchase two window items. At 9:30, the store opens to everyone and any remaining window merchandise is available to all. You’ll find the Goodwill East Harlem Store at 2231 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10035 (212-410-0973).
- The Brooklyn Fulton Street Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:30 AM, first come-first serve. Doors open at 9 a.m. Two items per customer; rejoin line for another chance. You’ll find the Goodwill Fulton Store at 1100-1104 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238 (718-789-0856).
Just in case you’re not in the know yet, a Goodwill Window Sale is when the best items in the store (which have been displayed in the window for days if not weeks) go on sale. There are often designer items and high-priced toys in the mix. We’ve seen everything from red lacquered Chinese lions to a Ferragamo heels to pristine electric guitars. Crowds form early, so try to get to the store well before doors open.
Sunday, May 5th:
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a Goodwill Glassware & Dishware sale! Drop by Goodwill on Sunday, May 5, and get 50% off glassware and dishware. Available while supplies last. No grey-tag items.
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/findgoodwill.aspx. Hope to see you soon, Goodwill fans!