This just in: All Thrifty States’ Jenna Isaacson will be stopping by Goodwill’s Village Boutique at 44 W 8th St 10011 this Friday morning!
Jenna’s All Thrifty States: A Visual Journey through America’s Collective Closets is a photo project and upcoming book that takes an investigative look into the significance of second-hand shopping, and how consumers’ purchases of previously used items can be not only a choice that is healthy for the planet, but an answer to the consumerism that has pushed Americans’ spending habits to the max.
We hope you stop by the Goodwill Boutique to say hello, talk second-hand finds and celebrate reuse with us this Friday a.m.! And speaking of Friday (and Saturday and Sunday) a.m….. Here is our long-awaited, deal-filled Weekend Window Sale line-up for the coming days!:
Friday, April 26th:
- The 23rd Street Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they enter the store. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, they may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the 23rd Street Goodwill at 220 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010 (212-447-7270).
- The Bronx Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 7:45 a.m. to customers in line, first come-first serve. Doors open at 8 a.m. The store admits two customers at a time, who may purchase two window items. At 9, the store opens to everyone unless there are still ticket-holders in line. Once they’re through, any remaining window merchandise is available to everyone. You’ll find the Bronx Goodwill at 361 East 149th Street, Bronx, NY 10455 (718-292-1083).
Saturday, April 27th:
- The Goodwill Village Boutique Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:50 a.m., first come first serve. Doors open at 9 a.m. Two customers are admitted at a time, who may select two items each. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line and get another ticket. Store opens to the general public when the window sale is over, usually 10-10:15. You’ll find the Goodwill Village Boutique at 44 West 8th Street, New York, NY 10011 (212-477-7024).
- The Washington Heights Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Three customers come in at a time and may choose three items each to purchase. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line after the transaction. The doors open for everyone at 10 a.m. You’ll find the Washington Heights Goodwill at 512 West 181st Street, New York, NY 10033 (212-923-7910).
- The East Northport Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed at 8:15 a.m., first come-first serve. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. Two customers are admitted at a time, who may select two items each. Store opens at 9:30 unless there are still ticket-holders in line. Once they are done, window merchandise is available to everyone. You’ll find the East Northport Goodwill at 1900 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY 11731 (631-462-4219).
- The Binghamton Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis as window sale customers enter the store at 9:30 a.m. Each customer may pick up to four window items to buy. The store opens to regular customers at 10 a.m. You’ll find the Binghamton Goodwill at 12 Glenwood Avenue, Binghamton, NY 13905 (607-729-2451).
- The Wappingers Falls Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 8 a.m., and is first come-first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrive. The store admits two customers at a time, who may purchase three window items. When all the ticketed purchasers are done, the merchandise is available to other customers after the store opens at 9. You’ll find the Wappingers Falls Goodwill at 1488 Route 9, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590 (845-298-0311).
- The Springfield Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis as window sale customers enter the store at 9:30 a.m. Each customer may pick up to four window items to buy. The store opens to regular customers at 10 a.m. You’ll find the Springfield Goodwill at 126 Route 22 West, Springfield, NJ 07081 (973-912-0156).
Sunday, April 26th
- The Bellmore Goodwill Window Sale: Ticket distribution will be at 9:15 a.m., and the doors will open at 9:30. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two showcase items per person. To keep the sale moving, customers are asked to make their selections quickly without examining each individual showcase item. Once they have made their choice, they are free to shop the rest of the store. You’ll find the Bellmore Goodwill at 2736 Merrick Road, Bellmore, NY 11710 (516-409-5951).
Just in case you’re not in the know yet, a Goodwill Window Sale is when the best items in the store (which have been displayed in the window for days if not weeks) go on sale. There are often designer items and high-priced toys in the mix. We’ve seen everything from red lacquered Chinese lions to a Ferragamo heels to pristine electric guitars. Crowds form early, so try to get to the store well before doors open.
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/findgoodwill.aspx. And if you haven’t donated to Goodwill recently, now would be a great time – not only will you be helping your community, if you donate this April, you’ll get a free tote bag in the process!
Your donations make a difference. The more donations we get, the more for everyone to buy, and the more funding for our programs and services to keep changing lives.