Today’s the day! Following this morning’s celebration at the brand-new Vestal Goodwill, we’re keeping the Goodwill going strong with our READY SET THRIFT event at the glammed-up Chelsea Goodwill!
Tonight’s event includes Scavenger Hunts, Recreate the Runways and Best Dressed Thrifter challenges with $50 Goodwill gift card prizes and an absolutely stellar host – Patrice J. Williams of Looking Fly on a Dime!
To participate in tonight’s contests, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To cheer on the competitors, just swing by the store at 103 West 25th Street at 6pm tonight, Thursday, December 12th ready to celebrate some serious thrift genius.
And once the competitions are over, the sales continue – we’ve got 5 Window Sales and a Hanukkah Special in the works! Take a look:
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 7:
- The 23rd Street Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they enter the store. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, they may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the Goodwill 23rd Street Store at 220 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010 (212-447-7270).
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8:
- The East Harlem Third Avenue Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line at 8:15 a.m., and the doors open at 8:30 for window items only. The store admits three customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two items per person. At 9:30, the store opens to everyone and any remaining window merchandise is up for grabs. You’ll find the Goodwill East Harlem Store at 2231 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10035 (212-410-0973).
- The Stuyvesant Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are given out just before the doors open at 9:30 a.m. Two people are allowed in at a time to purchase two items each. Out of consideration for other customers, we ask that they make their selection as quickly as possible and not ask to examine each window item. When their transactions are complete, they may go to the back of the line if they want more window merchandise. The store opens for everyone at 10 a.m., but the window sale line continues inside until the sale is over. You’ll find the Goodwill Stuyvesant Store at 1704 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10128 (212-831-1830).
- The Jersey City Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line by 7:45 a.m., and the doors open at 8. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. At 9, the store opens to everyone unless there are still ticket-holders on line. Once they’ve made their purchases, any remaining window merchandise is up for grabs. You’ll find the Goodwill Jersey City Store at 2815 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07306 (201-946-6735).
- The Wappingers Falls Window Sale: The sale begins at 8 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrive. Two customers will be admitted at a time who may select up to three window items. When all the ticketed purchasers are done, any remaining window items are available to other customers after the store opens at 9. You’ll find the Goodwill Wappingers Falls Store at 1488 Route 9, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590 (845-298-0311).
HANUKKAH SPECIAL – Sunday, December 9th
Goodwill hopes to make Hanukkah even happier this Sunday, December 9. Visit our participating stores and enjoy 35% off.
**UPDATE: Thank you to our Bergen County customers who emailed us with a reminder that the Bergenfield & Paramus stores are closed on Sunday. Goodwill’s Hanukkah sale will held on Monday, December 10, in those stores. Visit us then & enjoy 35% off. Happy Holidays, all!
Happy Holidays, Happy Thrifting and Happy Goodwill Hunting, all!