We’ve got a whole ton of treats for you this month – along with our ongoing National Disability Employment Awareness Month Sales and upcoming Halloween fun, we’ve got a Columbus Day Sale set for this Monday and 8 (!) Weekend Window Sales to keep you busy in between. Take a look, find your Goodwill Hunting Cap and get ready for one of the best months yet for fantastic finds:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5:
- The Chelsea Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line at 8:45 a.m., and the doors open at 9. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. Once their transaction is complete, window sale shoppers must leave the store until it opens to everyone at 10. You’ll find the Goodwill Chelsea Store at 103 West 25th Street, New York, NY 10001 (646-638-1725).
- The 79th Street Goodwill Window Sale: The 79th Street store holds window sales every Friday. They begin at 10 a.m. and are first come, first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrived. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, customers may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the Goodwill 79th Street Store at 217 West 79th Street, New York, NY 10024 (212-874-5050).
- The Brooklyn Livingston Street Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first come first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they enter the store. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, they may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the Goodwill Livingston Street Store at 258 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 (718-923-9037).
- The Bronx Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line by 7:45 a.m., and the sale begins at 8. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. At 9, the store opens to everyone unless there are still ticket-holders on line. Once they’ve made their purchases, any remaining window merchandise is up for grabs. You’ll find the Goodwill Bronx Store at 361 East 149th Street, Bronx, NY 10455 (718-292-1083).
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6:
- The Greenwich Village Goodwill Boutique Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrive starting at 8:50. Two customers come in at a time, and may choose two items each to purchase. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line and get another ticket. The doors open for everyone after all of the window customers are done, usually 10-10:15. You’ll find the Goodwill Greenwich Village Store at 44 West 8th Street, New York, NY 10011 (212-477-7024).
- The UES Stuyvesant Goodwill Window Sale: Purchases are first come, first serve. Tickets are given out just before the doors open at 9:30 a.m. Two people are allowed in at a time to purchase two items each. Out of consideration for other customers, we ask that they make their selection as quickly as possible and not ask to examine each window item. When their transactions are complete, they may go to the back of the line if they want more window merchandise. The store opens for everyone at 10 a.m., but the window sale line continues inside until the sale is over. You’ll find the Goodwill Stuyvesant Store at 1704 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10128 (212-831-1830).
- The Harlem Goodwill Window Sale: The Harlem store will hold window sales every Saturday in October. They start at 9 a.m., and are first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a number in the order they arrive. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchases are made, they may rejoin the line to make additional selections. You’ll find the Goodwill Harlem Store at 2196 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10037 (212-862-0020).
- The Elmsford Goodwill Window Sale: Elmsford holds window sales every Saturday. They begin at 9 a.m., and are first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrived. They may select as many window items as they want. When all the ticketed customers are done, usually around 10 a.m., any remaining window items are sold in the regular way. You’ll find the Goodwill Elmsford Store at 380 North Sawmill River Road, Elmsford, NY 10523 (914-347-4376).
MONDAY, OCTOBER 8:
- The All-Store Columbus Day Sale!: Discover savings even better than before, with 25% off everything (certain restrictions apply) in all our Greater New York and Northern New Jersey stores (except, as usual, our pay-by-the-pound Van Dam Outlet in Long Island City – a super-thrift adventure in and of itself).
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/findgoodwill.aspx. And if you haven’t donated to Goodwill recently, now would be a great time. The more donations we get, the more for everyone to buy, and the more funding for our programs and services to keep changing lives.
Happy Sales, Goodwill fans!