Attention Goodwill Hunters: clear your weekend schedules! We’ve got 6 Goodwill Window Sales this Saturday morning, all chockablock with fantastic finds just waiting for you.
Whether you’re in the big city or upstate enjoying this gorgeous fall weather, you’re in luck. Washington Heights, Harlem, Bellmore, Elmsford, East Northport and Wappingers Falls are all on the roster – and don’t your forget the BIG BINGHAMTON GOODWILL OPENING this Friday. Wowzers!
Take a look at the full to-do:
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29:
- The Washington Heights Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Three customers come in at a time and may choose three items each to purchase. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line after the transaction. The doors open for everyone at 10 a.m. You’ll find the Goodwill Washington Heights Store at 512 West 181st Street, New York, NY 10033 (212-923-7910).
- The Harlem Goodwill Window Sale: It starts at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a number in the order they arrive. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchases are made, they may rejoin the line to make additional selections. You’ll find the Goodwill Harlem Store at 2196 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10037 (212-862-0020).
- The Bellmore Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line by 8:45 a.m., and the doors open at 9. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two showcase items per person. To keep the sale moving, customers are asked to make their selections quickly without examining each individual showcase item. Once they have made their choice, they are free to shop the rest of the store. At 9:30, the store opens to the general public. You’ll find the Goodwill Bellmore Store at 2736 Merrick Road, Bellmore, NY 11710 (516-409-5951).
- The Elmsford Goodwill Window Sale: The sale begins at 9 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrived. They may select as many window items as they want. When all the ticketed customers are done, usually around 10 a.m., any remaining window items are sold in the regular way. You’ll find the Goodwill Elmsford Store at 380 North Sawmill River Road, Elmsford, NY 10523 (914-347-4376).
- The East Northport Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line by 8:15 a.m., and the doors open at 8:30. The store admits two customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two window items per person. At 9:30, the store opens to everyone unless there are still ticket-holders on line. Once they’ve made their purchases, any remaining window merchandise is up for grabs. You’ll find the Goodwill East Northport Store at 1900 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY 11731 (631-462-4219).
- The Wappingers Falls Goodwill Window Sale: It begins at 8 a.m., and is first-come, first-serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrive. Two customers will be admitted at a time who may select up to three window items. When all the ticketed purchasers are done, any remaining window items are available to other customers after the store opens at 9. You’ll find the Goodwill Wappingers Falls Store at 1488 Route 9, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590 (845-298-0311).
Just in case you’re not in the know yet, a Goodwill Window Sale is when the best items in the store (which have been displayed in the window for days if not weeks) go on sale. There are often designer items and high-priced toys in the mix. We’ve seen everything from red lacquered Chinese lions to a Ferragamo heels to pristine electric guitars. Crowds form early, so try to get to the store well before doors open.
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/findgoodwill.aspx. And if you haven’t donated to Goodwill recently, now would be a great time. The more donations we get, the more for everyone to buy, and the more funding for our programs and services to keep changing lives.
Happy Sales, Goodwill fans!