Get out your Goodwill hunting caps – it’s time for the Weekend Window Sale round-up!
SATURDAY, MAY 12
- The Greenwich Village Goodwill Store: The sale begins at 9 a.m. and is first come, first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrive starting at 8:50. Two customers come in at a time, and may choose two items each to purchase. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line and get another ticket. The doors open for everyone after all of the window sale customers are done, usually 10-10:15. You’ll find the Greenwich Village Goodwill Store at 44 West 8th Street, New York, NY 10011 (phone 212-477-7024).
- The Harlem Goodwill Store: Tickets are distributed to customers on line at 8:15 a.m., and the doors open at 8:30 for window items only. The store admits three customers at a time. Purchases are limited to two items per person. At 9:30, the store opens to everyone and any remaining window merchandise is up for grabs. You’ll find the East Harlem Goodwill Store at 2231 Third Avenue New York, NY 10035 (phone 212-410-0973).
- The Washington Heights Goodwill Store: The sale begins at 9 a.m. and is first come, first serve. Three customers come in at a time and may choose three items each to purchase. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line after the transaction. The doors open for everyone at 10 a.m. You’ll find the Washington Heights Goodwill Store at 512 West 181st Street, New York, NY 10033 (phone 212-923-7910).
- The Brooklyn Fulton Street Goodwill Store: The sale begins at 9 a.m. and is first come, first served. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they enter the store. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, they may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the Goodwill Fulton Street Store at 1100-1104 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238 (phone 718-789-0856).
- The Elmsford Goodwill Store: The sales take place every Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. and are first come, first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrived. They may select as many window items as they want. When all the ticketed customers are done, usually around 10 a.m., any remaining window items are sold in the regular way. You’ll find the Elmsford Goodwill Store at 380 North Sawmill River Road, Elmsford, NY 10523 (phone 914-347-4376).
Just in case you’re not in the know yet, a Goodwill Window Sale is when the best items in the store (which have been displayed in the window for days if not weeks) go on sale. There are often designer items and high-priced toys in the mix. We’ve seen everything from red lacquered Chinese lions to a Ferragamo heels to pristine electric guitars. Crowds form early, so try to get to the store well before doors open.
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/findgoodwill.aspx. And if you haven’t donated to Goodwill recently, now would be a great time. The more donations we get, the more for everyone to buy, and the more funding for our programs and services to keep changing lives.
And don’t forget the Goodwill Industries Week Sale still going strong today, tomorrow and Sunday. Happy Mothers Day, all!