Get out to Goodwill this weekend, and enjoy bargain prices on outdoor furniture and cushions!
The special is set for Friday-Sunday, April 13-15… the perfect pairing for our five Saturday window sales! Take a look:
SATURDAY, APRIL 14:
- The Goodwill Fulton Street Window Sale begins at 9 a.m. and is first come, first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they enter the store. They may pick two window items to buy. When the purchase is made, they may rejoin the line to make another selection. You’ll find the Goodwill Fulton Street Store at 1100-1104 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY 11238 (phone 718-789-0856).
- The Washington Heights Goodwill Window Sale begins at 9 a.m. and is first come, first serve. Three customers come in at a time, and may choose three items each to purchase. If they want more, they must go to the back of the line. The doors open for everyone at 10 a.m. You’ll find the Washington Heights Goodwill Store at 512 West 181st Street, New York, NY 10033 (phone 212-923-7910).
- The Elmsford Goodwill Window Sale take place every Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. and are first come, first serve. Each customer is given a ticket in the order they arrived. They may select as many window items as they want. When all the ticketed customers are done, usually around 10 a.m., any remaining window items are sold in the regular way. You’ll find the Elmsford Goodwill Store at 380 North Sawmill River Road, Elmsford, NY 10523 (phone 914-347-4376).
- The East Harlem Goodwill Window Sale: Tickets are distributed to customers on line at 8:15 a.m., and the doors open at 8:30 for window items only. The store admits three customers at a time. Purchases are limited to one item per person. At 9:30, the store opens to everyone and any remaining window merchandise is up for grabs. You’ll find the East Harlem Goodwill Store at 2231 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10035 (phone 212-410-0973).
- The Stuyvesant Goodwill Window Sale: Purchases are first come, first serve. Tickets are given out just before the doors open at 9:30 a.m. Two people are allowed in at a time to purchase two items each. When their transactions are complete, they may go to the back of the line if they want more. The store opens for everyone at 10 a.m., but the window sale line continues inside until the sale is over. You’ll find the Stuyvesant Goodwill Store at 1704 Second Avenue, New York, NY 10128 (phone 212-831-1830).
Just in case you’re not in the know yet, a Goodwill Window Sale is when the best items in the store (which have been displayed in the window for days if not weeks) go on sale. There are often designer items and high-priced toys in the mix. We’ve seen everything from red lacquered Chinese lions to a Ferragamo heels to pristine electric guitars. Crowds form early, so try to get to the store well before doors open.
To find your nearest Goodwill, visit http://www.goodwillnynj.org/findgoodwill.aspx. And if you haven’t donated to Goodwill recently, now would be a great time. The more donations we get, the more for everyone to buy, and the more funding for our programs and services to keep changing lives. Happy Weekend Window Sales!