Greek Goddess of Savings, this week’s Optimal Play is inspired by the fashion muses roaming NYC for New York Fashion Week! In honor of high style, A Good Look’s Emme Bonilla shows how a maxi dress can be the perfect canvas for style. Take a look at these looks – and get ready to get the most Optimum Play out of your next Goodwill find… Perhaps one you can wear on tonight’s big Fashion Night Out Cruise!:
I saw, I paid, and I conquered… the maxi dress! I came across this Nation LTD Bora Bora dress a few weeks ago at my local Goodwill. Without realizing that it retails for $124, I snagged it for a fraction of the price: $12.99. Talk about a deal!
I loved the loose, easy fit and the soft, thin fabric (100% modal). Add to that the versatile army green color, and you get the perfect layering piece for these cooler transitional months! You can find your own at your local Goodwill and then check out a few of the ways you can wear it for Fall…
Keep It Simple
- An embroidered belt gives it a rustic vibe while defining the waist
- Add beaded a beaded necklace, dangling earrings, and a stack of bangles for more color
- Woven sandals are the finishing touch, now you’re ready for that end-of-summer BBQ!
Don the Essentials
- A blazer takes it from day to night in a flash
- Don’t forget your essential heels for height and drama
- A swipe of red lipstick pulls it all together
- For a more casual spin, try a chambray shirt instead!
Play with proportions and lengths and add warmth for breezy days!
- An over-sized striped t-shirt is reined in by a sleeveless button-down
- A wide red belt and strappy wedges give the outfit a bold edge
- Try a long sleeved shirt and a puffy vest for when the temps lower
- Paired with the maxi dress, a tunic like the one above (a Goodwill find, no less!) lends an unexpected elegance
- You can belt the tunic for a sleeker look or leave it loose and flowing
- Going out? Add a cropped jacket for an extra dose of fabulous!