Flower children unite! In this week’s Optimal Play, A Good Look’s Emme Bonilla calls all free spirits to make the most of a standard wardrobe standby: flared jeans. Take a look at three completely different ways to groove this look – and get ready to get the most Optimum Play out of your next Goodwill find:
After years of the skinny/toothpick/matchstick/jeggings trend, voluptuous jeans are making a comeback. I for one embrace this change, since the flared fit is more flattering on my body. So you can imagine my excitement when I came upon these SUPER flared 7 for All Mankind jeans for $14.99. I scooped them up swiftly, thinking of all the outfits I can put together with them. Read on for my suggestions on how to rock these rollin’ jeans.
Option #1: The Classic
Nothing beats this outfit for comfort and adaptability.
- For a super casual vibe, throw on your favorite printed tee and sneaks.
- For a girly touch, add pretty dangling earrings.
- For a fancier spin on this combo, add a blazer and swap the sneaks for heeled sandals.
Option #2: Flower Child
Bell-bottoms echo the Summer of Love and the happening 60s.
- Take a nod from the hippie aesthetic and pair your jeans with a flowy top.
- To anchor the look, try a fitted vest.
- To button up the Hair element, keep your own tresses sleek and add modern, bold accessories.
Option #3: Sequin Show Off
Is there anything better than looking glam while feeling comfy? Doubt it.
- Dress up your jeans with glitzy tops.
- Wear your hair up to keep the polished look going.
- For an artistic edge, add a fun printed scarf and mirror the sparkle in your baubles by wearing a statement ring.
- A sharp-shouldered blazer is the finishing touch for a night on the town.