It seems this season, one trend holds true: the hotter the weather, the whiter the clothes. These light and easy pieces that work best with large sunglasses and a body of water nearby. And the best part of this white-out? Your local Goodwill is stocked solid with white finds of all kinds – all, of course, at much cooler prices than haute runway designs. Curious to see what you can find? Take a look:
Keep in Mind:
- Light, breathable fabrics – Cotton, linen, and other open-weave materials will help you look cool and feel cool.
- Relaxed, easy fit – You don’t want to show what’s underneath in too tight clothes!
- Spot the stains – Look over all garments thoroughly. If you find a mark or discoloration, assess the situation. If it’s dust or dirt, it will probably come off easily. Otherwise, pass. (But if you love the fit AND the price, grab a bottle of fabric dye and get crafty!)
Wearing the Trend:
- Pair Different Textures – A great way to wear head to toe white without going overboard is playing with fabrics. A silky top looks great with linen shorts. A lacy skirt is tempered by a crisp button down. A braided leather belt is the finishing touch to an embroidered tunic.
- Accessorize with Color – Any shade of color will pop against a white background: bright bangles or sandals will look sensational with an all-white ensemble.
- Sparkle with Metallic Touches – While natural leather would lend a laid-back vibe, gold and silver pumps that glimmer guarantee a glamorous look.
- Button-Up with a Dark-Hued Blazer – Lightweight trousers and a white top, topped with a navy blue or dark colored blazer looks professional and stylish.
- Streamline with a Signature Piece – A simple white dress can be another versatile option. With a jaunty scarf or a statement brooch, you will look in charge and impeccably chic.